Parking on the Halifax Waterfront
The Halifax waterfront and downtown core are popular destinations for restaurants, market trips, shopping and live music. From waterfront events to shows at Neptune Theatre, nightclub acts and dinner al fresco – plus everything in between – we’re at the centre of it all.
24/7 waterfront parking is where downtown begins. Look for the blue P on Lower Water St. Did You Know? Parking revenue is reinvested back into your waterfront.
Short Term Parking Options and Locations
- For shorter-term visits, there is a $3 hourly rate (credit card and coin). If you are paying with coin, you can also choose to purchase 10-minute increments (Pay & Display).
- Daily flat rate of $16. This option is available between 8 am and 6 pm.
- Nightly flat rate of $6. Park After Dark’ is available from 6 pm to 8 am. A great option if you are out for an evening in downtown Halifax.
- Waterfront meters, located next to Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, and NovaScotian Crystal, are $3/hour during the day and free daily from 6 pm to 8 am and 24 hours on weekends.
- Motorcycle Parking – Click here for information
- If you would like us to provide you with information directly, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will add you to our parking information list.
Information for Holders of Waterfront Access Pass (Monthly Pass)
September 5, 2014: Notice of upcoming parking lot closures
- A Waterfront Access Pass gives you 24/7 access at three different lots. Passes are $140/month (taxes included). The locations included are:
Cunard Lot 1325 Lower Water St.
Salter 1521 Lower Water St.
Foundation Place 1549 Lower Water St.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.422.6591 for more information on monthly parking availability.
- Are you a CarShare HFX member? You can park for free on the Halifax waterfront! Waterfront Development is a proud partner of CarShareHFX – an environmentally- and economically-friendly way to get around and also enjoy destinations like the waterfront.If you are using a CarShareHFX vehicle, you can park at one of our Pay & Display Locations at no cost.
Cunard 1325 Lower Water St.
Bishop’s Landing 1477 Lower Water St.
Salter 1521 Lower Water St.
Foundation Place 1549 Lower Water St.
Queen’s Landing 1707 Lower Water St.
The Cable Wharf 1751 Lower Water St.
Comments or questions about parking on the Halifax waterfront?
As a valued customer, we would like the opportunity to provide you with more personal, and green, communications with respect to parking information. Please provide us with your email address (if we don’t have it on file already) so we can contact you directly with important parking updates. We will ensure your privacy requests are respected if you do not wish to receive any waterfront updates other than parking information. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time. Contact us at email@example.com
Waterfront Development reinvests parking revenue into waterfront infrastructure, projects and events and for the public’s use and enjoyment. This includes the Halifax boardwalk, improved marina facilities, an innovative and efficient public spaces recycling program, and partnerships with groups like CarShareHFX to provide transportation alternatives.